Research and Publications
- M. Lakdawala, S. R. Chaube, Y. Kazi, A. Bhasker and A. Kanchwala. Internal hernia through an iatrogenic defect in the falciform ligament: a case report. Hernia 2009 Apr;13(2):217-9.
- M. Lakdawala, A. Bhasker. ‘Recommendations For the use of Gastrointestinal Metabolic Surgery for treatment of Obesity and Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus in the Asian Population’ Lakdawala M, Bhasker A: Asian Consensus Meeting on Metabolic Surgery(ACMOMS),Obes Surg.2010 Jul;20(7):929-36.
- Muffazal Lakdawala, Aparna Bhasker, Dheeraj Mulchandani, Sunita Goel, Sneha Jain. ‘Comparison Between the Results of Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy and Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass in the Indian Population: A Retrospective 1 Year Study.’ Obesity Surgery, 2010, Jan;20(1):1-6
- A Bhasker, M Gadgil, NH Muda, V Lotwala, MA Lakdawala. Revisional bariatric surgery for failed gastric banding in Asia: A review of choice of revisional procedure, surgical technique and postoperative complication rates. Asian Journal of Endoscopic Surgery, Volume 4, Issue 1, pages 26–31, February 2011.
- M. Lakdawala, N.H. Muda, S. Goel, A. Bhasker. Single incision sleeve gastrectomy versus conventional laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy – A randomised pilot study. Obesity Surgery. 10.1007/s11695-011-0478-y.
- M. Lakdawala, A. Bhasker. Editorial- The Asian perspective to the International Diabetes Federation’s position statement on bariatric surgery for diabetes. Asian J Endosc Surg ISSN 1758-5902.
- M. Lakdawala, S. Shaikh, S. Bandukwala, C. Remedios, M. Shah, A. G. Bhasker. Roux-en-Y gastric bypass stands the test of time: 5-year results in low body mass index (30–35 kg/m2) Indian patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.soard.2012.07.017
- Bhasker AG1, Remedios C, Batra P, Sood A, Shaikh S, Lakdawala M. Predictors of Remission of T2DM and Metabolic Effects after Laparoscopic Roux-en-y Gastric Bypass in Obese Indian Diabetics-a 5-Year Study. Obes Surg. 2014 Nov 16. [Epub ahead of print]
- Bhasker AG1, Khalifa H, Sood A, Lakdawala M. Management of gastro-colic fistula after laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy. Asian J Endosc Surg. 2014 Nov;7(4):314-6. doi: 10.1111/ases.12122.
- Lakdawala M1, Agarwal A, Dhar S, Dhulla N, Remedios C, Bhasker AG. Single-Incision Sleeve Gastrectomy Versus Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy. A 2-Year Comparative Analysis of 600 Patients. Obes Surg. 2014 Oct 17. [Epub ahead of print]
- Aditi Agrawal, Aparna Govil, Muffazal Lakdawala. Unusual case of right iliac fossa pain: A case report. Journal of MGIMS. 2015 Vol 20: 94-96
- Remedios C1, Bhasker AG, Dhulla N, Dhar S, Lakdawala M. Bariatric Nutrition Guidelines for the Indian Population. Obes Surg. 2015 Aug 16. [Epub ahead of print]
- Lakdawala M1,2, Limas P1,3, Dhar S1, Remedios C1, Dhulla N1, Sood A1,2, Bhasker AG. Laparoscopic revision of Roux-en-Y gastric bypass to sleeve gastrectomy: A ray of hope for failed Roux-en-Y gastric bypass. Asian J Endosc Surg. 2016 Mar 4. doi: 10.1111/ases.12277. [Epub ahead of print]
- Presently Working in Apollo Hospitals Navi Mumbai since last Assignment
Certifications & Professional Memberships
- Diploma in Principles and Practice of Clinical Research, 2015 Harvard Medical School, USA
- AETF Colorectal Training programme at Shanghai in November 2009.
- Certification course for Bioenteric Balloon Insertion organized by Allargan.
- Medical writing course- Prof. Abe Fingerhut organized by Johnson and Johnson
- International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders (IFSO)
- Obesity Surgeons Society of India ( OSSI )
- Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endosurgeons (IAGES)
- Endoscopic and Laparoscopic Surgeons of Asia (ELSA)
- International bariatric club (IBC)